Monday, August 22, 2005

Allow me to introduce myself

Hello, I'm the new guy.

My name is Nick Meyer and yes, I do attend Michigan-Dearborn.

Aka "The Fake U-M," or at least that's what someone wrote on the inside of a bathroom stall.

But it has its advantages. For one, there aren't 200 people in every class, more like a good 20-30.

Secondly, we actually have a journalism program here, something Ann Arbor doesn't have.

Third, the average GPA here is 3.5, and because it's a commuter campus, you don't get the large contingents of aimless partiers, so it's a great environment to go to work in.

Finally, we get cheap season tickets and the opportunity to cover Michigan's excelllent (Albeit slightly underachieving) football team and woefully underfunded, disappointing basketball team through the school paper.

We don't advertise much, but take it from me, prospective collegians, it's a great place to go, especially if you're a Michigan fan.

If, however, you enjoy the challenging of passing your tests with massive hangovers, it might not be for you. It's not much of a party school, although you can find the parties if you try hard enough.

I'd like to say hello to my Sparty neighbor up there on the banks of the Old Red Cedar (In my best Rece Davis voice...god I can't wait for college football to start!) and wish him bad luck in the annual rivalry game.

That's right, you guys don't need any more good luck up there in East Lansing...here's to a good, clean, ORTHODOX game with no FUNNY BUSINESS and may the best team win.

Actually, as good as Drew Stanton is, we already know Michigan is the better team.

Hopefully, Jim Hermann won't get de-pantsed by John L. Smith's offense again.

To the rest of you writers, thanks for having me.

Great to be here and talking sports....

More where that came from...

IN THE FUTURE!!!!

2 comments:

ItOffishul said...

Michigan put on a hell of a show in the Rose Bowl last year against an excellent Texas team, and you know the pollsters are highly susceptible to flashy offenses...

See the mighty Cade McNown-led UCLA Bruins of 1998 I believe...

Sparty could surprise this year...losing Agim S. will hurt.

You guys always seem to patch together a decent defense....but those defenses always seem to fold under heavy pressure, too.

Duane said...

Hey everyone just wanted to read some blogs and happened to find this one and wanted to post my blog. It's about
internet marketing strategies mostly.