Monday, December 12, 2005

How does 79-3 sound?

Okay, so that was a bad loss in Utah.

The technical foul monster got the best of the Stones again. I'm glad we don't have to watch horrible games like that as often as we did last year.

Maybe it would have been best for the Pistons to fall behind early and then make their run at the end instead of vice versa.

Still, why isn't Flip using the bench??

Ben Wallace is tough to pull out of a game, but tonight he simply didn't have it and he got frustrated in a hurry.

Might as well stick Dale Davis in there, he could have at least boxed out Kirilenko and Okur and Jarron Collins.

This happens every year with Ben getting nicked up, and it's Flip's job to tell him when he doesn't have it.

Still, we obviously can't complain with 15-3. It's been a brutal schedule thus far.

Back to the Palace...

2 comments:

the sports dude said...

Unlike a lot of people I am not ready to push the panic button. I am not saying you are because it sounds like you are not, but listening sports talk radio all morning you hear so many people just panic. I am not too concerned yet about the bench, I think Flip is actually going deeper than LB. You see at least four guys rather regularly - Dice, Arroyo, Evans and Delfino. LB would have been hard pressed to go much farther than two deep. The other thing I think too is Dice is in a funk and Hunter, although he is old, is missing. Give the bench time, trust me, it will all work out.

Plus, the other thing I thought of today is they are 15-3 right? In that they are 10-2 on the road. They have played about 1/3 of their road games already and it is only December. That means they (obviously!) have more home games now than road games. Trust me guys, things are looking brighter for the Pistons every day. Besides, in order for them to match the starts under LB the last two years they need to lose ten in a row now to get to 15-13... can't see that happening! Later.

ItOffishul said...

Yeah I know...

the past couple of years a game like this would have really pissed me off, but now, I'm really just nitpicking.

It was no big deal.

Kirilenko is a Piston killer, which unlike the phrases Tiger killer (Trot Nixon, Joe Crede) or Lion killer (Daunte Culpepper...errrrr....MIKE TICE) actually means something.