Sunday, April 03, 2005

East Lansing Police are to blame

From three differend sorces, I hear the police are to blame for the riots of 2005. From my sorces walking home from watching the Spartans lose in the Final Four to a great North Carolina team, police started shootinng tear gas into a crowd of people. Soon after, students got upset and started to riot, like a bunch of little kids. I am not saying it is all the polices' fault but they are to blame for part of it. MSU had a bad rap before the newest riots and I wonder what will come of it in the next few weeks. I am ashamed of my school. I was a senior in HS in 1999 when we had our last real riots, small one i believe in 2003 while I was in Europe but the problem started in 1998 and continued into 1999. I am ahamed right now to be a Spartan. We got farther then we were suppost to go and lost to a better team. Why do we have to go and cause trouble because of it. It is just stupid. I hope they catch people in the act of causing harm or doing anything ilegal and supsend, sick those studends out of MSU. We dont want those people representing our school. We are better then that and know better then that. What is happening is not called for. Police, school officals and students all had a part in this. Brining back past events like the previous riots is not a good idea. It just causes tention between schhool, law enforcement and students and students get the brunt of it all. That is not fair either. It is not all the students fault, but as students they should know what is right and what is wrong is certain situations. We are the future and and we should act as adults and not a bunch of wild animals. I normally do not side with the po po but I hope they find out who did what and arest and kick these people out of Michigan State University. We had a great season and it is sad for it to come to an end. Looking forward to another good season next year. I just hope we can learn from our mistakes both in the basketball and what happend after. Go Green, Go White, Let's Go State!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Consensus at the moment seems to be the police, in an effort to be "proactive," were overzealous with their use of gas on the crowds, which by most accounts were celebrating in a mostly peaceful way. Given MSU's sorry history of "celebrations," however, I can understand the cops' thinking.

What's more concerning to me is that MSU actually awarded you a degree. Who wrote your papers for you? Or do you not see this medium as worthy of the time to correct grammatical and spelling errors?